Godshill’s church bells are a wonderful sound and it would be great to hear them more often. Now is your chance to give it a go! Check out the information and videos about bellringing and how you can join the current band of ringers at All Saints – CLICK/TAP HERE to jump over to their website.
Did you know, bell ringing is fun and …
- for young people (10yrs+)and adults of all ages – individuals, couples, families or groups it’s for all faiths & none (and you don’t need to be musical, mathematical or strong)
- enjoyable & satisfying – experience new achievements
- a gentle workout – physical exercise with mental stimulation – burns calories, tones muscles and relieves stress
- an easy way to make friends – enjoy social activities and be part of a team and community
- inexpensive – and be paid ringing for weddings!
- boosts soft skills: teamwork, leadership, co-ordination, concentration, listening and analytical
- an all-weather, year-round activity which fits in with your other commitments
- full of variety – a centuries-old skill using new technology- with endless choices & places to visit
- makes your community’s soundscape: Sunday services, weddings & special events
- produces a fabulous emotion-stirring sound for people to enjoy
- it’s the ultimate Heavy Metal: Church bells are the loudest* (unamplified) and heaviest musical instruments in the world … and they’re metal!
* ringing chambers are usually sound-proofed for safe noise levels